Platelet-rich plasma, also known as autologous conditioned plasma, is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It is known for its healing and regenerative benefits.
PRP can help:
- Regenerate and revitalise damaged skin
- Reduce fine lines
- Improve skin texture
- Hair loss
Frequently Asked Questions
PRP is suitable for:
- Tired and dry skin, laxity of skin and uneven pigmentation
- Wrinkles and dark circles
- Overall texture and tone improvement
- Certain types of alopecia or general hair thinning
- People looking for a natural treatment
Blood is collected from you in 1-3 vials and spun in a centrifuge machine. This separates the red blood cells from the platelet rich plasma. The platelet rich plasma is then injected back into the targeted area.
Direct injection on PRP helps accelerate the process of tissue regeneration and repair. PRP contains fundamental growth factors released by activated platelets to initiate the tissue regeneration process by stimulating:
- New collagen production
- Stem cell division and differentiation
- Formation of new blood vessels (Angiogenesis)
Total treatment time is approximately 30-45 minutes, depending on which area is being treated. 5-6 minutes is allowed for topical numbing cream to be applied on the injecting areas.